Granular Material Density Analyzer
High resolution tapped density analyzer. Automated tapped density and packing dynamic measurements.
- The bulk density, the tapped (or tap) density and the Hausner ratio measurement is very popular for powder characterization because of both the simplicity and the rapidity of the measurement.
- Moreover, the density and the ability of a powder to increase its density are important parameters for storage, transportation, caking, etc.
- This simple test has three major drawbacks.
- First, the result of the measurement depends on the operator. Indeed, the filling method influences the initial powder volume.
- Secondly, the volume measurements by naked eyes induce strong errors on the results.
- Finally, with this simple method, we completely miss the packing dynamics between the initial and the final measurements.
- GranuPack instrument is an automated and improved tapped density measurement method based on recent fundamental research results.
- The behaviour of the powder submitted to successive taps is analysed with an automatized device.
- The Hausner ratio Hr, the initial density and the tapped density are measured precisely (0.4% of accuracy).
- Moreover, a dynamical parameter n1/2 and an extrapolation of the maximum density ρ(∞) are extracted from the packing dynamics curves.
- So, the powder is placed in a metallic tube with a rigorous automated initialization process.
- Afterwards, a light hollow cylinder is placed on the top of the powder bed to keep the powder/air interface flat during the packing dynamics process.
- The tube containing the powder sample rose to a fixed height of ΔZ and performs free falls.
- The free fall height is generally fixed to ΔZ = 1mm or ΔZ = 3mm.
- The height h of the powder bed is measured automatically after each tap.
- Measurement is simple, fast and intuitive.
- The intuitive software calculates and reports physical data.
- The results obtained under various conditions can be compared.
- All data are automatically collected and stored for post processing.
- Easy data transfer and automatic report generation.
- Closed system for safety requirements.
- Size compatible with hood or confined enclosure.
- Recorded standard operating procedures increase the repeatability of measurements.
- It is in agreement with the European pharmacopeia.
- The sample cell is easy to fill and clean.
- It provides information about the trapped and released air and compressibility behaviour.
- And the system is particularly robust.
- Perfect tool to highlight difference between one batch of powder to another.
- The packing dynamics kinetics allows to select the best powder for a tabletting/packing dynamics process.
- Due to its extremely high accuracy (0.4% for metals and 0.6% for excipients) powders flowability/compressibility classification can be easily achieved. This is the most precise test to characterize collective grains behaviour.
- Extra measurement cells for small samples.
- Reduced intensity tap.
- Calibration kit.
L 390 x W 350 x H 680(mm)
1 or 3mm (free-fall)
Between 500ms to 10s
Maximum Cell Size
Minimum Sample Volume
Dual core with 2.0GHz, 4Go RAM, Windows XP to 10 with up to date Service Packs
USB 2.0 port
NSW: +61 2 4320 6672
VIC: +61 3 9017 4496
QLD: +61 7 3333 2171
WA: +61 8 6465 4576
NZ: +64 212 372 731