Portable Guided Robot
Portable and robot guided contact angle measurement
A continuous production control can prevent expensive product recalls. But often ready-made products are too large or too heavy for measuring systems designed for laboratory use like the DataPhysics Instruments OCA series. With the portable contact angle measuring system PCA 100M from DataPhysics Instruments the measuring device can be simply put on top of the sample.
The PCA 100M allows for a nondestructive material test even on large surfaces like whole windshields, car body parts, large-scale wafers, or compound materials. Due to contact angle measurements and the determination of the surface energy, the quality of a coating or the sample cleanliness after a cleaning procedure can be evaluated directly during the production process.
The PCA 100M can be used almost anywhere, even in a clean room, thanks to the compact design and the easy connection to a laptop or an on-site PC. With the optional laboratory stand PCA-MS the PCA 100M can also be used as a laboratory device.
In combination with single and multi-axes robots the PCA 100R can be used to directly integrate an automated surface analysis into the production process. An appropriate robot cell is being designed according to customer needs and hence fits perfectly to the samples.
Individually adapted control software ensures a smooth transfer of the samples between the PCA 100R and other robot systems. Hence an automatic and reliable control of surface properties even inside a production line is guaranteed.
- Video measuring system with high-performance telecentric lens with integrated aperture and adjustable observation angle
- lighting with software-controlled intensity
- integrated multiple dosing system for two (PCA 100M/2) or four (PCA 100M/4) test liquids
- Integrated automatic refill system with flushing and cleaning functions for dosing up to 5000 drops per liquid receptacle
- optional adapter for measurements of the surface and interfacial tension based on the evaluation of pendant drops
- optional laboratory stand PCA-MS for laboratory use
- USB connection box for power supply and communication with the PCA 100M
The software for the optical contact angle measuring and contour analysis systems of the OCA series is continuously being developed and enhanced with new features. Learn more about the capabilities of the OCA software
With optional accessories the application range of the PCA 100M can be increased further.
- PCA-MS laboratory stand for mounting the PCA 100M in order to use it as a laboratory instrument.
- adapter for measurements of the surface and interfacial tension based on the evaluation of pendant drops
Download & Resources
For more information or to arrange a call from one of the Crea Particle Science Team, please complete the contact form. If your enquiry is urgent, please call us on 1300 552 725.
Portable Guided Robot
NSW: +61 2 4320 6672
VIC: +61 3 9017 4496
QLD: +61 7 3333 2171
WA: +61 8 6465 4576
NZ: +64 212 372 731