DCAT – Software
The Windows® based DCATSoftware is available in various independently usable modules, and is operable either traditionally, using mouse and keyboard, or on multi- touch notebooks/pads by finger or pen. The modern user interface is multilingual (English, German, Chinese), highly customisable and offers every user an individual and ideally suited overview during measurements.
The comprehensive integrated help function includes explanations for the measurement procedures and used calculations and supports the user in setting up measurement parameters. With previously created measurement templates “1-click-measurements” can be easily carried out and the automatic storage of every measurement ensures that no data is lost. Individually designed measurement reports present all results in the best possible way.
The DCATS is split into the following separately available modules:
DCATS 31 — surface and interfacial tension
The DCATS 31 module enables the measurement of the surface and interfacial tension using Wilhelmy plates and Du Noüy rings.
- Determination of the static, time and temperature dependent surface and interfacial tension according to the Du Noüy ring, the Du Noüy-Padday and the Wilhelmy plate method
- Automatic ring correction options: Huh-Mason, Zuidema-Waters, Harkins-Jordan, Lunkenheimer factor, linear, polynomial, no correction
DCATS 32 — dynamic contact angle
With the DCATS 32 module and suitable sample holders dynamic contact angles can be measured on various solids like plates, films, powders, fibre bundles and even single fibres. Based on the measured contact angles the surface energy of the solid can be determined.
- determination of the dynamic contact angle of solids (e.g. plates, films, rods, fibres)
- sorption measurements on powders and fibre bundles
- determination of the average contact angle according to the modified and the extended Washburn method
- analysis of the surface energy of solids as well as its components according to nine different theories
DCATS 33 — critical micelle concentration (CMC)
With the DCATS 33 software module the critical micelle formation concentration (CMC) can be determined automatically with a tensiometer of the DCAT series and a liquid dosing unit LDU 25. The DCATS 33 software module controls the LDU 25 and the DCAT according to individually customisable measuring procedures. The software module can automatically determine the surface tension via the Du Noüy ring or the Wilhelmy plate method, perform the dosing operations with the LDU 25 and mix the solution with the automatic stirrer.
DCATS 34 — liquid density
With the DCATS 34 module the density of liquids can be determined using a density determination set DIS 11.
DCATS 35 — sedimentation / penetration
With the DCATS 35 module penetration and sedimentation experiments are possible using a penetrometer probe or sedimentation cone, respectively.
- Determination of the sedimentation rate
- Determination of the particle size distribution of sedimenting particles
- Determination of the yield forces, the penetration resistance and rate on elastic materials like gels, pastes etc.
DCATS 36 — solid density
With the DCATS 36 module the density of solids can be determined using a determination set for solids.
DCATS 37 — adhesive force
With the DCATS 37 module force-distance diagrams for the analysis of the adhesive force can be measured. Furthermore the software module enables the measurement and analysis of video sequences, using the upgrade video system UpVideo DCAT.
- Measurement of force-distance diagrams during pressing on and pulling off of liquid drops for adhesion analysis
- Image processing (contact angle, contact area, etc.) of video sequences correlated with the measurement
DCATS 37 — adhesive force
The DCATS 38 module enables the analysis of monolayers in a Langmuir trough module LTM.
- determination of the surface pressure of a monolayer during its compression and relaxation in the LTM
- kinetic measurements under isobaric or isochoric conditions to analyse dynamic processes in a monolayer in the LTM
- interfacial rheological analysis of viscoelastic monolayers in the LTM
NSW: +61 2 4320 6672
VIC: +61 3 9017 4496
QLD: +61 7 3333 2171
WA: +61 8 6465 4576
NZ: +64 212 372 731